Thursday, January 29, 2009

Today's diet as far as I can remember, and injuries.

Today's diet:

Breakfast:
5 slices of bread, 180g red alaskan canned salmon, 1 Tbsp extra light mayo, approx. 40g peanut butter, green tea

Lunch:
225g chicken breast, 2 whole eggs, 90g rice, peri-peri sauce, cup of milk (approx 200mL)

Pre-workout:
40g of oats, 29g of whey, 350mL 1% semi skimmed milk.

Post-workout:
30g dextrose, 5g creatine, 29g whey, 350mL 1% semi skimmed milk.

Tea:
3 slices of bread, 180g red alaskan canned salmon, 1 Tbsp extra light mayo.

Dinner
225g chicken breast, 2 whole eggs, 75g rice, peri-peri sauce, salad with vinegar

Pre-bed
1 teaspoon peanut butter (approx 5 - 10g), 29g whey, 350mL 1% semi skimmed milk.

Throughout the day: Multivits, 6 - 8 fish oil tablets (300g EPA/DHA per tablet).

Excuse the approximations, I lost count. It's been a long day. Also, too lazy to count my macros but I'm sure it's above 3,200kCal, with a ratio of carb:protein almost 1:1 and fat half of that.

Anyway, I picked up an injury. All I could remember was it occuring during the stiff legged deadlift. It's a very injury prone workout. As such, I would suggest novices (like me) to stay away from complex exercises like these which puts too much emphasis on form and flexibility. The sensation was akin to my skin tearing apart, but no lesions, bruises or whatever. I was perfectly fine, only leaving with an slightly odd uncomfortable feeling after.

Going to see the doctor tomorrow to make sure it is or isn't an iliotibial band tear.

My diet is spick and span, I'm gaining a fair amount of flab, but that could be due to chinese new year.

1 comments:

xeem said...

doc said everything checked out okay.