Saturday, December 27, 2008

Hello, I'm Jenhan

Hi there all, glad to be a part of the pussy weights (dont know if i phrased it correctly). I have just completed a month of training...but will only consider last week my Week 1. The previous three weeks were just trial and errors, mostly errors.

All are 5 reps. All in lbs

W1D1
Squats - 140/140/140
Press - 85/85/85 x 4 (failed)
Rows - 85/85/85

W1D2
Squats - 145/145/145
Bench - 125/125/125
Deadlifts - 165/165/165

extra: dips x 5 x 2sets @ bodyweight

W1D3
Squats - 45 (bar)/65/85/150/150/150
Press - 45/65/90 x 4/85/85/85 x 3
Rows - 45/65/95/95/95

*I attempted 90 for press and found it very difficult...only then I remembered that my previous press at 85 was failed at the last set. Mistake caused me to fail 85 again.
----------------------------------

I am totally new at this (training and writing about it) and hopefully will recieve much advice from members here.

1) I know it will be easier to relate if I post in KG but I want to know how do you guys convert it? Mental math? When I divide with 2.2, I get funny numbers. Tell me how do you do it.

I would also like to propose the idea to utilize this blog more efficiently by suggesting a couple of stuff. Firstly, I think we could spice things up, chilly hot hot, by embedding some videos. If I am not wrong, all of you are in Bristol? Well I'm in Malaysia and having just started, I bug Wee Sim a lot for videos and advices. It would be tremendous help if you all could embed useful videos that you all find while surfing.

Videos of good squats, good rows, good bench, stupid bench, or just any random videos for all of us to critic and analyze would be really useful. Your own videos would also benifit all of us.

Anyways if the idea is to materialize, I hope that all of us start using labels for our posts, right now there is only 'workout logs' and I guess next time when anyone uploads 'advices' or 'squat videos' or 'deadlift videos'...they will make new labels. It will ease all of us in the future when our journal becomes more 'colourful'.

I remember having several other questions but I cant recall at the moment. Will ask when they do come back! Thanks all.

1 comments:

xeem said...

No need to convert to KG, it's okay. We do our weights in KG that's all. I can tell how much you're doing.

If you find any videos, feel free to embed.

-WS